... to experience ... to share ... to photograph ... people to talk to ... to live...to scoot...to ride

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Please Welcome ... Ariel



After many months of researching, trying on different scooters, reading forum posts and test driving... I finally chose the SYM HD200 scooter!And yes I named her. Ariel is mid-night blue, peppy and ready to roll!

That is, once I take the MSF class next some weekend soon and bring her down the mountain to where the roads are clear, then I can creep slowly around some suburban neighborhood - I knew they had a purpose. The photo to the right shows me with helmet and armored jacket - the edging really does shine!

By the time we got back from Sportique in Denver, unloaded her from the truck (another story) and found the safest, most secure spot with the least wind to park, it was getting dark. Unloading the scooter is going to take some getting used to.

And since its winter, no sunshine hits this side of the house; all of this is to explain why the photos I've posted online are not the best. Can you tell its blue?It's been incredibly difficult to get a good photo of the color.
blue

And the helmet matches! See more photos. I will be adding more as time goes on.
helmet

We had hoped to park the scooter indoors, however the handlebars are too wide, so under the steps she went, with her cover... facing into the wind in case we have any 50 mph blasts of wind, which we are having right now! Poor baby! I have a Battery Tender keeping her battery fresh so hopefully she'll be fine.

The final choice came between the People 150 and the SYM. As I stood there looking at them, I have to admit I had to say goodbye to the P150 with a touch of sadness, "Sorry grrl, its just not going to work". The deciding factor came down to seat! Of all things... The seat holds both Bob and I at the same time and being able to transport both of us is really important to me. Oh, and I'm sure I will enjoy the extra power on these Colorado hills (mona lisa smile).

I am soooo excited and can not wait until I can take her for rides around Boulder! and Nederland this spring! Thanks everyone for answering my myriad of questions and journeying with me while I agonized through all of the details.

Scoot on!
Shelley

No comments:

About Me

Join me in my adventures as I learn to ride a scooter and experience the world through two wheeled transport.