... to experience ... to share ... to photograph ... people to talk to ... to live...to scoot...to ride

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Quick photo


OK, its been a week since I picked up my scooter. And its been really cold hovering in single and lower double digits. I've been taking off the cover, starting her up to let her idle for 10-15 minutes, sitting on the seat making vroom vroom noises, and putting the cover back on. So I had to get a battery tender. This involved removing the base-plate where one's feet go - 5 philips head screws later and after getting beyond the nervousness of electrocuting myself, I got the alligator clips on the battery and Ariel is well again.

Sunday the temperature soared to 25F and the wind was a whisper. I decided to install the permanent hook ups. I carefully loosen the screws from the battery and pull the battery cables up and OH! there goes a screw into the compartment.

I carefully reach for the screw and IT SLIPS THROUGH THE LITTLE HOLE where the cables come out!!! Rats! i can't reach or see the screw in yet another sealed compartment between the battery compartment and the ground... off to the workbench for 10mm ratchet and wrenches.

Time passes, I retrieve the screw and get the battery tender hook ups hooked up. Replace the bottom plate under the scooter. Replace the foot plate for the foot bed, connect the battery tender, watch the light go green, replace the cover, job done. As a reward, I take some more pics :)

No comments:

About Me

Join me in my adventures as I learn to ride a scooter and experience the world through two wheeled transport.