... to experience ... to share ... to photograph ... people to talk to ... to live...to scoot...to ride

Monday, September 14, 2009

Packing List for Road Trip

Our packing list for a three day motorcycle trip in the summer for two people. We packed our bulky stuff into reusable grocery bags which fit very nicely into the side cases. Bob wore a backpack and I had a tank bag. I chose not to take the top box because it was going to be windy on the plains and I didn't want to fight the wind more than I needed to.

I wore:
boots
wool socks
mesh & armor overpants
bicycle shorts
t-shirt
riding jacket
earplugs (I wore them when we were getting onto the highway, in-town riding I need to be able to hear the traffic around me)
sunglasses
gauntlet leather gloves
helmet

In tank bag
good camera w/ 10-20mm wide angle lens
water
snack
microfiber cloth
baseball cap
maps (on top)
GPS (on top)

Ram mount w/ small camera w/ tether

Take with (side cases):
other maps
book
camera bag w/
100-300mm lens, macro 50mm, camera goodies
camera (2) +cell chargers, plus batteries
toiletries + bug spray
sunglasses case w/ cleaner
rain jacket + waterproof pants liners
poly-pro sweater
1 extra t-shirt, undies, socks, etc
sandals

plus evening wear
jeans
nice shirt
jewelry

food / water
2 liters / person
gorp
kashi bars
apples
choc covered almonds

trash bags - 1 / side case
v. large ziplock for camera

tools etc
coolant
oil
tire gauge
6-way screwdriver w/
torx bits
adjustable wrench
zip ties
duct tape
velcro ties
bungee
cell phone

I brought too much stuff - too much clothing really. The torx driver was well worth having since we needed to check our coolant levels daily (and there are 6 screws to remove). And while we didn't need any extra tools, when riding on dirt roads in National Forests with limited cell coverage, being a bit prepared is a good thing to do.

No comments:

About Me

Join me in my adventures as I learn to ride a scooter and experience the world through two wheeled transport.